Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Have you ever wondered......

Doug and I attended our annual Valentine Banquet at church this past Saturday night and it was a real treat! The speaker was great, the food scrumptious and the games hilarious! The colors were chocolate brown and pretty pink and it was just beautiful! Each place setting had a dainty pink paper doily and candles, flowers, of course the plates, flatware, etc. It also had a very classy program and a piece of paper and pencil. This was the part that intrigued me.

I looked at that paper and thought maybe they were going to ask us to write down something sweet about our mate or something that we loved about Valentine's Day. It was for questions but different from what I had imagined. They asked what was our favorite thing to do in the whole world. What famous person would we like to meet. And then this question...."If you could ask God anything, what would it be?"......Wow...I guess because I am me, I thought about this one to deeply or took it to heart more seriously than some. That's just my personality. Someone said "Why did he invent mosquitos."....and other questions that were "lighter" in spirit than the thought that kept my minds attention. All I could think of was asking the question "Did I make you smile?" I fear the Lord, I know he is Holy and Omnipotent and Omnipresent, but he is also my Father....my Dad and more than anything I want to make him smile. I want him to be proud of me. My earthly dad never spoke those words to me. He spoke to others about me and they told me at his funeral how "proud" of me he was but he never told me. Over the years those words I heard at the funeral home from others has really helped me to know within myself that Daddy was indeed proud of me and that he loved me. My earthly dad did so much for me. He provided a good home, a good work ethic, a nest egg for my future with Doug that helped us get our first home and I appreciate it all so much! But my heavenly Father gave me LIFE! He forgave me, He took the payment for MY sin.....He loves me unconditionally and He will NEVER leave me. He is always there to listen and always there to lead. He has prepared a home for me to live with Him for all eternity. With all that He has done I can't hardly stand the thought that at times in my life I know I've brought him shame, but I have. At times, I've not talked with him and had fellowship with him...but there have been those times. So now in my life I am to the point that the only question that will really matter is "Lord, did I make you smile?" I pray I live a life that would enable Him to say "Yes child."

1 comment:

Danita said...

Girl, I believe you have made our Heavenly Father smile many, many times! You are a blessing, and a wonderful christian example! Keep up the good fight! I am nothing, but I am so proud of you........ and you always make me smile!!! Even though we are many miles apart, just a quick thought of you enters my brain, my heart, my soul, and I can't help but smile! I love you so much!