Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another monumental moment....

Well, in less than an hour Hope will be 18. Wow! My oldest child will be the age I was when Doug and I got married!!! That is freaky! lol!

I find myself feeling incredibly thankful. Thankful for the young woman Hope is, and for how I see God at work in her life. Thankful that she is healthy and happy. Thankful that she is following the natural process of growing up. Thankful that I've been priviliged to be her mom for 18 years. I've had the opportunity to love her, nuture her, teach her, guide her and be not only her mom but her friend. I've been able to teach her about Jesus and his great love for her and for all of us. I had the extreme honor of explaining the plan of salvation to her and leading her to Christ. Wow...how exciting that was!! I'm thankful that Ben is in her life and that I'm allowed to see their love grow for one another and to see them begin to serve Christ together through Upward and teaching Junior church, through the Christmas Day hospital ministry, the Samaritan's purse, and many other things. My heart overflows with gratitude and love for Hope Lauren. She'll never know how proud I am of her and all her achievements and until she has a child of her own, she'll never understand how powerful a mother's love is. It runs deep and has a fire that burns within, it started for me when I found out I was pregnant and was confirmed when I held that 6lb 12oz bundle of pure joy in my arms.

I don't know what tomorrow holds but I do know who holds tomorrow and as long as He gives me breath to breathe I'll be trusting Him and thanking Him for my girls, their lives and my ability to participate in them.

Happy Birthday Hope.....I love you so much!.......Mom

1 comment:

Landen and Brodie's Mommy said...

Man! I am old!...LOL Hopie 18..in college..Hannah 15..and now...driving???! Wow. Where did the time go?

Anyway, these were really sweet posts. This last one almost made me cry. :)