Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday a day of rest???

I don't think so! lol! If you attend and serve in a local thriving church then Sundays are NOT a day of rest. But they are like a shot in the arm of spiritual help. I am always so physically fatigued on Sunday evenings but so spiritually recharged!! I have so much I want to share with others, like my sisters in Christ and so much I've learned, been blessed by and just down right enjoyed throughout my Sunday that I can't hardly contain it! Sunday's are a day to worship (our message tonight was on this very subject) a day to express as a body of believers how much we love our Jesus....Our King....Our Redeemer! For me, it helps charge me so I am ready to face the world (and satan) on Monday, because lets face it girls, he's ready and waiting. It may be through a co-worker he rears his ugly head, or car problems, a sick child, an alarm clock that doesn't go off at the right time, an unexpected expense and no funds to cover it, etc. We know how Mondays and the "real" world can be, but I also know I have a firm foundation upon which I stand and that nothing can happen that doesn't filter through his loving hands long before it reaches me. I also know that even though it may not be well with my circumstances....it can be well with my soul and most of all I know that He told me to take heart....He has overcome the world.

It is 9:30 and I'm ready for bed....my body needs some rest but as David said in Psalm 23....."My cup runneth over".....I can't wait for next Sunday!

2 comments:

Landen and Brodie's Mommy said...

Hey! I've been missing your posts!!! :)

Well, we missed S.S. & morning service today. The whole time thing messed us up! UGH! And let me tell ya I needed to be there. But we made it tonite and it was relly good. And I'm looking at tomorrow as a brand new day and I'm actually looking forward to my "Monday" and trying to look up. :) Today was just one of those days. God knows all about it.

Thanks for posting. :)

Love you.
Dee Dee

Danita said...

I just absolutely love it when the Father just dumps the honey barrel over and blesses you! Sundays should be exciting and rejuvenating to the spirit! It's not that I've GOT to go to church...it's that I GET to go to church!!