Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life isn't slowing down....

On Monday my baby girl Hannah reached a milestone in her life. You see she received permission from the NCDMV to drive a car..........yep...she got her learner's permit! I can't hardly believe it! Because of her petite stature she still seems so young to me...she is my baby...but, she is also 15 now and there is no denying that life is not going to slow down just because I'm having a hard time accepting that I do not have "little ones" anymore. lol.

I couldn't help but get tickled at Hannah on Monday. She was so nervous about that test. She couldn't even sit still. She had studied....a lot! She had been through 2 weeks of drivers education in the classroom and the mandated hours of driving time through drivers ed but the nerves were still there. She was afraid of the unknown. She sat beside me and quoted Philippians 4:13 under her breath.

Soon it was her turn and she went back to take "the test"....and a few minutes later she returned to ask for $15.00....that meant she passed. lol! It was amazing that as nervous as she was about the test, she wasn't one bit nervous to actually climb behind the wheel of my car and drive us home. I couldn't help but think on that. She was just as prepared for the written test as she has been to drive so what made the difference? She had to leave momma's side to take that written test and be with people at the DMV (which aren't the friendliest in the world)behind a closed door away from me; but to drive she was with me. She knows me, she's comfortable with me and knows that I only have her best interest at heart. I would NEVER do anything to hurt her, but I would give everything to help her. I'm on her side, every day, every time.

Well, dear sisters, that is like our Father. He is with us, encouraging us to do things we don't think we can. He only wants what is best for us. He is there every day, every time. He NEVER leaves us (Hebrews 13:5) and even when we face "unfriendly" people or situations...he CAN go back with us...He lives within us! What a treasure that is!! The better we know Him, the more we are in His presence the more we will feel at rest.

I'm glad that God shows himself through the mundane things of life. Who knew spending an afternoon at the DMV could be such a blessing!

No comments: