Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just Fall

I give up I surrender
I throw in the towel
Exposing my weakness to infinite power
With all of my weight I lean heavy on you
With bags on my back and in both my hands too

I fall
I fall on you
I fall
I fall on you

See my world keeps a spinning out of control
And I'm dizzy from trying to stand on my own
But you promised you'd catch me if I tumble down
Cause' the way to the sky starts low to the ground

I fall
I fall on you
I fall
I fall on you

So please don't move
please don't move
from here
from here
I need you, every hour
I'm falling
You said you'd catch me
So I'll fall

These are lyrics from Nicole C. Mullen's song "Fall" and it was so beautifully demonstrated visually for me tonight. Ben and Hope were standing in the living room and she was giving him a goodbye hug and after embracing she just flung her head back, arms let go and legs turned to noodles and she was limp.....ALL of her weight fell on him and his arms were the only thing holding her up. The only thing keeping her from hitting the hardwood. And teasingly he said "What if I couldn't hold you" and her response was "I KNOW you can....and you will".........Wow....that should be us ladies!! When we are weary from the battle, wounded, dirty, depressed and frustrated.....just fall into the arms of the Savior. He is able to catch you, and He will!! Hope didn't have one hesitation, not one worry, she TRUSTED Ben and his ability to hold her. Oh dear sisters, God is holding us!!

John 10:23 says "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand."

Psalm 91:12 says "They shall bear thee up in [their] hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Hebrews 13:5 "[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Psa 3:3 But thou, O LORD, [art] a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Psa 73:2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. (almost being the key word....read the rest of the chapter)


1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light

I could go on and on! Another thing I noticed about Hope and Ben was that Hope didn't trust Ben on their first date over a year ago like she does now. It has been the day by day building of their relationship and the growth of the "faith" she has in him that has allowed her privilege of trusting him to catch her. It is the knowledge that he loves her and has her best interest at heart and does not want to see her fall....if she can't stand on her on then he counts it a joy to hold her up. Don't you know God counts it a joy to help his children. I want to put the "I can do it" and the "grit my teeth and dig into it" determination to the side and just fall into the arms of my Savior who is more than able to catch me. Hope had her eyes closed, a huge smile on her face because not only did she trust Ben to catch her and hold her up.....she enjoyed it. Lord, I want to enjoy resting in your arms!

No comments: