Thursday, October 9, 2008

He wants us to forget..........

Satan is a deceiver. The Word of God tells us he is a liar and the father of it. That was true then, and is still true today. I can't help but wonder how we forget that. I was faced with a situation today that could have really gotten my "flesh" in a tizzy so to speak but the sweet Holy Spirit reminded me that is exactly what satan wanted. He wanted me to forget he is a liar and deceiver. Well, I refuse to fall to that trick today. I refuse to forget that my Savior wants my life to bear certain kinds of fruit. That fruit is listed in Galations 5:22-26,

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith Meekness, temperance against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

I want to bear those fruits. I refuse to disect another sister or brother in Christ. I refuse to listen to gossip. I refuse to be critical. The deceiver needs to know that my Savior knows all. He will protect me, and take care of me. All I need to do is look to Him, follow Him and cultivate the fruits of the Spirit. I don't want to just talk about the Spirit....I want to LIVE in the Spirit! Lord, please prune me where I need it, let the rains come to nourish me, let the sun come to bring growth and fertilize me with your Word....I want to produce MUCH fruit! Let me never forget that satan is a master deceiver and he is more than willing to steal my joy! But I know my Jesus is the center of my joy.....Lord, help me remember that no matter the situation! No matter what anyone else says or does, let me magnify you and let you take care of everyone else.

1 comment:

Danita said...

That is so true, Satan is the Master Deceiver! I want to always keep the armour of God on so that I can withstand him. Without God's armour I am totally defenseless!