Thursday, September 25, 2008

How much more would He do????

Thursday nights have become "FOOTBALL" nights for us. Hannah is cheering on the JV squad at the high school and their games are on Thursday nights. We have always went to every event the girls had that we could possibly arrange to get to, even their practices, just so they'd know we were supporting them. This is no different. But tonight here in Reidsville, NC it was less than comfortable weather conditions. The temperature dropped and the wind and rain set in. Not a down pore but a light rain that was blowing at an angle so as at least part of you was going to get wet! lol! I wore the following. Long Johns, pants, hooded sweatshirt, down vest, thick fuzzy socks, gloves, and a scarf. And I was STILL cold and STILL wet! My umbrella was HUGE but not big enough to keep that blowing rain off all of me. But did I enjoy watching Hannah? Why sure I did!! My baby was down there on that field and I was going to watch her with joy and admiration!! I couldn't help but chuckle at all us parents looking wet and miserable but doing it for the love of our children. Then I couldn't help but think that our Father, our Heavenly Father has braved much harder conditions than that for us. He conquered death, hell and the grave for us! And now, there isn't a place we go that he isn't right there with us. He's in the hospital room, the cancer centers, the funeral homes, the lonely nights you might have, the place of depression, in the financial struggles, the abandonment you've experienced, and he's there because he loves us. Just like we were there for Hannah because we love her. He comes along side to let us know we CAN make it with His help. Oh what a Savior!!! So when you feel like no ones cares and no one is there to support you...just run and call Abba Father.....Your dad is watching!

No comments: