Thursday, September 18, 2008

Praying

You know, lately I have had some things in my life that I just can't "fix". Things that only the Lord can do and they have "forced" me to pray about them, place them into the hands of the one who can fix "all" things and trust. It is a hard thing for us fixer people. We have the genetic make-up to want to fix everything. We want to fix those people who don't like us, fix our children's heartaches, fix our friends problems, you name it...we want to fix it. We want to see others be happy. Well, while that sounds good, sometimes God has to allow people to be unhappy so he can get their attention. How do I know? I've been there. Honestly, do you spend more time on your knees when you are happy and everything is bliss or when you are in a storm? Yeah....uh...me too. I found these statements about prayer and they are really helping me. I thought they would help ya'll too.

Fifteen Reasons to Pray

To seek the face of the Lord and know Him better - Psalm 27:8

To get your eyes off your problems and onto the Lord - Psalm 121:1

To speak to God - 1 Peter 3:12

To unburden your heart - Psalm 142:1-2

To make your request known to God - Matthew 21:22

To hear God - Proverbs 8:34

To be free of suffering - James 5:13

To resist temptation - Matthew 26:41

To be rescued from distress - Psalm 107:19

To receive God's reward - Matthew 6:6

To withstand evil - Ephesians 6:13

To have joy - John 16:24

To get close to God - Isaiah 64:7

To be healed emotionally - James 5:13

To have peace - Phillipians 4:6,7

Wow....makes me feel the need to go pray right now....I think I will :)

No comments: