Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's all in how you say it....

We were at church tonight and my pastor (who is also known in our family as paw paw) was making an announcement of a new baby in our church that was born yesterday. He was reading the note that mam maw had made for him and said the baby's name and then proudly announced that he weighed 6 lb and 20 ounces. O.k., we all had that weird look on our faces like "That didn't sound right"....so after a few seconds it also registered with him that what he had said just didn't sound exactly right. What Mam Maw's notes had said was 6 lb and 20 inches!...lol.

I began thinking that I've always heard it isn't what you say but how you say it and so I thought for all of us ladies who would love to be the weight we were in high school....well....maybe we can. I would for instance say 116 and 96 ounces!...awww doesn't that sound better????!!!! Maybe it is in how you say it! :)

It may not be funny to you...but it sure tickled my funny bone thinking about it.

No comments: