Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good Friends

Proverbs 17:17 A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

As I sit here tonight I just can't help but have a heart overflowing with joy. God has been so good to me! I absolutely LOVE snow and we have had one of the most beautiful, perfect snows that you could imagine this weekend. It was about 6 1/2 inches deep and once packed down a little...it was the most awesome sledding you've ever done! It has been a weekend where I can forget that I'm an adult with lots of responsibilities and just enjoy jumping on a sled with my friends and family and head off down a hill screaming and laughing the whole way down. It was a weekend of looking around me and realizing I am one very blessed woman! I enjoyed the snow with my sweetheart and husband of 22 1/2 years, my 2 daughters and my two son-in-loves Ben and Travis, Mark and Renea and the hosts of our BIG HILL excitement Chris, Mary and Austin. I couldn't help but think of how so many people think having a good time is all about drinking alcohol, or going to a club and how that their friends are the one who party along with them but I beg to differ. We had about as much fun as anyone could this weekend and it was all about enjoying the blessing from the Lord. It was about knowing that our friends are definitely there in the good times....but they are also there in the bad times. Just like Proverbs says. Chris has pulled me out of a ditch, towed Hope's car to the shop, fixed my roof and not for money....no, just because he's my friend. Mary has helped me clean my house, picked up my kids, and been there when I needed someone to encourage me because I just didn't think I could go one more step. Mark and Renea have loved us, encouraged us and loved our kids like their own. True friends are God sent, and let me publicly say...I thank God for the ones He sent me..they are the BEST! Thanks guys for all the wonderful memories, I will never, never forget them!

No comments: