Friday, March 13, 2009

Knowing it is coming....

It is 6:16a.m. on Friday morning and I must share that I am excited! Friday's are WONDERFUL days!!! For me, it means I have made it through another work week and a weekend is on the way. (so sorry for those of you who have to work weekends...I've been there too) I am tired physically and ready for some rest. Softball season has started and that means games at least twice a week until late and the away games this week have been almost 40 minutes away, and then church on Wednesday and it just seems like we run, run, run!! But this morning as I got up I had a smile on my face just knowing that in 9 hours...my weekend will begin. I stumbled into the kitchen and fixed my cup of coffee and with my first sip I just savored it and smiled thinking how grateful I am for that starter cup of coffee. I then checked my scripture of the day which was ... The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. (Jeremiah 31:3)and I felt so warm inside...not from the coffee but from the truth that God has ALWAYS loved me and ALWAYS will. I then checked my facebook account to which I had a friend request from someone I haven't seen in over 20 years....how cool! This Friday is looking good and I'm just giddy knowing the weekend with my precious family is just ahead!

You know girls, one day we'll get up not knowing that it will be our last "work" day here on earth. The rapture could happen at anytime and we ought to be looking for it just like I look for Friday's. The fact should excite us and make us giddy inside! We could be spending ETERNITY with our family, friends and most of all our precious Jesus within a twinkling of an eye. Wow!! Now that is something to be excited about!

Let's keep looking and let's serve him until the last hour!

No comments: