Sunday, November 1, 2009

Timing...

I'm a little discouraged tonight....a little blue. Ever been there? Yeah...I know you have. I can almost see you shaking your head in agreement. It is kinda sad how easy us humans can get to that place of discouragement sometimes. I know that God's ways and thoughts are not the same as mine...his word tells me so in Isaiah 55:9. But it doesn't keep my flesh from wanting to see my prayers answered in my timing.

Last night was when we all got that wonderful extra hour of sleep. Perhaps, my favorite Saturday night of the year...lol...something about laying down knowing that you really are getting an extra hour just brings a smirk to my face and a peace to my soul. lol! Well, as we got in bed last night I asked Doug if he had turned his clock back and of course...dependable Doug had in fact already taken care of it. I reached to my clock and began to search for the button to change the time. I moved it back an hour and went to sleep. This morning when Doug woke me up to tell me my coffee was ready (he always fixes me coffee and breakfast on Sundays...awwww so sweet!) I smiled gave him a kiss and began to try to open my eyes which felt like they had been super glued shut! lol. When I did get them open I looked at the clock to see what time it was and it said 5:30a.m. .....I was like WHAT!!!???? I don't get up until 6:30a.m. on Sundays! I sat up and looked at Doug's clock which said ....6:30. hmmmmm.....so Doug didn't mess up(strange how I automatically assumed it was Doug's doing)....how did my clock do that?...Well, turns our that it is like my cell phone and computer...it is smart enough and in control of things enough that it changes itself. Plain and Simple....it didn't need my assistance. Its timing was perfect...until I messed it up.

Ok,....Wow...it hit me later today, "How many times have I helped God out and messed up the timing of His plan?"....."How many times have I thought I was helping but didn't read the instruction manual (His Word) close enough to know that I was really in the wrong?" If I had only read the instructions for my clock....I could have RESTED in the fact....not probability but FACT that it would take care of the time and in turn....that it was taking care of my getting up on time. Why am I not resting in the fact that God says He will answer my prayers? Why am I not rejoicing over what God is doing now...instead of being discouraged over what He is not doing right now? Dear Father....please forgive me. Help me trust in your timing...help me read the instruction manual and follow it. Help me have sweet rest while I am waiting for the buzzer of my prayers to be answered. You ARE in control!

No comments: