Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He's Coming.......

Psalm 13

How long will you forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long wil you hide your face from me? How long must I lay up cares within me and have sorrow in my heart day after day? How long shall my enemy exalt himself over me? Consider and answer me, O Lord my God lighten the eyes (of my faith to behold Your face in the pitchlike darkness), lest I sleep the sleep of death. Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed over him and those that trouble me rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in your mercy and loving kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

This song is a plea of David during a no doubt difficult time in his life. He has been pouring out his heart to God with seemingly no response. He is still struggling with this trial and hurting and feeling overwhelmed and still...no answer. No relief. He says "How long will you forget me, O Lord?". Wow...how many times have I felt forgotten? How many times have I felt like my prayers weren't going any higher than the ceiling? How many times have I felt overwhelmed, discouraged, defeated and defenseless?...Many! BUT...here's the good news...God was right on time...EVERY TIME! And I have experienced his loving kindness, I know what it is like to sing and praise him for his bountiful goodness! Hallelujah!

I can't help but think of all the examples in God's Word about His children that felt that way. David we know often felt discouraged and alone. Moses I'm sure didn't think he could stand to hear one my Israelite grumble and complain, Joseph couldn't stand the thought of staying in that prison one more day, Elijah wanted to die under the Juniper tree because he just couldn't fight one more battle, Gideon wanted to hide in the winepress to thresh wheat he was so afraid of the enemy, and the list goes on and on. But precious ones, WE HAVE THE END OF THEIR STORIES!!!! We KNOW God showed up and showed out right on time! He brought relief to his children and glory to himself. They stood back and beheld his power and the realization that no one but God himself could have provided the answer. Wow!! What a God we serve.

Trust in His mercy. Trust in His loving kindness. Rejoice and let your spirits be high in His salvation. If you've prayed...you've sent for Him....beieve me, He's coming!

No comments: