Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Soaring High!






But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

These pictures are of Hannah and her "flying experience" through the JROTC at Rockingham County High School. She loved the experience and didn't even mind to much that they picked at her unmercifully because she required a "booster" seat. The view from the plane is so pretty...you can see that some of the trees below have leaves that are already changing into the beautiful colors of Autumn. The smiles on the girls faces are an evident reminder of how much fun they are having and the joy they are experiencing. I couldn't help but think how they must have felt so big and everything below so small from up in the air in that plane. They actually got to take control and "fly" the plane...(With the real pilot close by of course). It sparked a spiritual thought and application.

I have had times when I have had my strength renewed like the eagles and soared in the sky! There are times when I have felt in control and felt bigger than life but the real truth is....I wasn't. My pilot was actually doing the flying....He was the one causing me to mount with wings like eagles. I was actually very small and spiritually speaking, I probably needed a booster seat! It also occured to me that at times in my life I have looked from those heights and admired the beauty below just like those girls did today but you know what? ....those leaves on those trees are the same color when you are on the ground....you just have a different view...a different perspective. Wow! Could it be that God's beauty is just the same when we are on the ground or whether we are mounting with wings like eagles?....Oh dear sister I think so! I think it is only our perspective that changes.

I want to remember that 1. God is the Pilot! 2. Whether on the ground or in the air...his beauty and his miracles are the same...it is up to my perspective to see them the same! and 3. He knows when it is time to put me back on the ground. Those girls were in total trust of the pilot to give them a safe landing and one at the appointed time...and he did. Don't you know God will do the same for us!

No comments: