Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do you love music?

I love music!! It soothes me when I'm stressed, it comforts me when I'm low, it energizes me when I'm sluggish...it really is a powerful thing. I love to sing. I sing specials at church, sing in the choir, help lead praise and worship, sing to my children, sing to my friends on their birthday (Renea requested it..lol) and I sing around the house while I'm cleaning.

I found a verse a few years back that came across my mind yesterday and it just made me feel so good that I wanted to share it with you. It is in an unfamiliar book to most of us, Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."

Did you catch that last phrase? God himself sings over us!!! Can you believe it?? I wish I could hear with my human ears how beautiful that must be!! The God who created our human voices, who gave us ability to make noise, sings himself ....to us! Wow! How amazing! How special I feel when I read that verse. Listen to it in the amplified....

"The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior (who saves!)! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest (in silent satisfaction) and in His love He will be silent and make no mention (of past sins, or even recall them); He will exult over you with singing."

Praise the Lord.....he NEVER reminds me of my failures, nor does he even remember them...he chooses not to! Instead he loves me, rejoices over me, comforts me with His love and sings to me! I say that is AWESOME!

If you are feeling lonely, down or discouraged.. think on these things...The God of the universe loves you and is so exicted about you that he is singing....listen closely.

No comments: