Saturday, March 15, 2008

Come a little closer

My thoughts are on Psalm 86:1 this morning and I can't help but think of Hope. Our sweet Hope was born with a gift of meekness. She also is very intelligent, organized with her schoolwork, very sure of who she is and what she believes. She really has never been effected by peer pressure and she stands up for the weak. But one thing she does not have is volume!! lol! Hannah and I can be heard from any room in the house, we are loud, boisterous and very vocal! I remember when Hope started school the only complaint from teachers was that they could not hear her! They were continuously having to bend down to hear her. I have done the same thing. I have also in latter years learned to look at her lips and watch them as I listen. The verse in Psalm 86 says "Bow down thine ear, O Lord hear me: for I am poor and needy". Now we know that God can hear our thoughts much less our audible words. There is no need for him to bow down in order to hear. But I too have felt like I think David did, you just feel like you need Him a little closer. You want to make sure you have his "ear" so that He will hear you and more importantly ANSWER you. David says he is poor and needy. Oh how needy we are! We are incapable of even breathing without the Lord. Hope always seemed to have such a look of joy on her face when the teacher instead of saying "what did you say"...or "can you repeat that", instead just automatically leaned in because she KNEW Hope well enough to know that the answer would be quiet. God KNOWS you well enough to know when he needs to come a little closer, lean in and whisper "Child I hear you."

1 comment:

Danita said...

Couldn't help but smile and remember the time on the beach when you had blocked out little Hope's insistant and constant 'Moma' in that same little monotone voice! LOL! I'm so glad that He always hears us no matter how soft or loud we cry out, no matter how far away from his ear we may get, He will hear us!