Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Because He Lives....

I can face tomorrow.....because He lives....all fear is gone. Because I know, I know, he holds the future.....and life is worth the living just because He lives.

HOW TRUE!! On this week leading up to Easter Sunday....Resurrection Sunday, I can't help but think of how wonderful it is to know he lives! In Job 19:25 he says "For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:" That's the difference in our lives as Christians is the knowledge that our Savior is ALIVE!!

If he had gone to the cross to pay our debt and not arose......we would have no hope. But he did! Hallelujah!! He is alive, and living in me! He is as real and as alive and as powerful as when he spoke creation into existence in Genesis 1:1. I see his hand every morning as I watch the sun rise, as I hear the birds singing and the sweet melody they make that proclaims his glory and it is as if I can almost hear them saying "He is worthy....He is worthy", I know He lives because when I am so burdened that I can't hardly stand and yet somehow I make it thru the trial....it was Him who was carrying me. I know He lives because I feel the nudge from the Holy Spirit that gives me discernment. I know He lives because I speak to Him every morning and I witness his working in my life every day. Sometimes great strides toward sanctification, and some small, but He is present thru it all. I know He lives because the tomb is empty and His word tells me he arose. It is truth! "Forever O Lord, thy Word is settled in heaven."

Easter is a wonderful time to spend with family, to create memories with children and dye eggs and eat good food, but it is the real truth that thrills my heart and soul.....we serve a RISEN Savior! Hallelujah to the Lamb!!

No comments: