Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The part of getting older I enjoy...

I will soon be 43 years old and I must say there are many things about getting older I don't like. I don't like the fact that when I am at a time in my life I could sleep late on Saturday mornings my body says otherwise. I dislike the fact that I have taken on aches and pains that I've never had before. I dislike the fact that young people call me "mam" not because they were raised that way but because they think I'm old!..lol But the things that I do like about getting older far outweigh the things I don't.

I like the fact that I like me. That may not mean much to you but for someone like myself who has struggled for years with self-esteem issues it means the world to me! I like, no, I LOVE the fact that I am secure in my salvation and that I know that God will complete the work in me he began at age 25 when I accepted Him as Savior. I like the fact I can appreciate the little things in life. I like that I have passion for creation and just enjoy it. When the birds sing I am reminded God cares for the sparrow and He surely watches over me. When I feel the warmth of the suns rays it reminds me that never has there been a morning when the sun didn't obey the Father and refuse to rise. It reminds me of His power and majesty! I love the fact that Doug and I are at a place when we can focus on "us" again. It is a sweet, sweet time. I love the fact that we are getting to see our girls grow up and grow in Christ. Wow...what a blessing that is!

I also like the fact that I can look back over the years and see God's hand working in my life. He has protected me, provided for me and been patient with me. Praise His name.

In a world filled with discontented, disgruntled people who seem to continually verbalize all the wrong things in their life I think it is time for us as Christians to focus on all the good. It is time to PRAISE HIM...and be thankful that we serve an awesome God full of AMAZING GRACE! Don't you???

No comments: