Saturday, February 11, 2012

Should I be surprised???

I John 3:13 So don't be surprised, dear brothers and sisters,* if the world hates you.

The word of God tells us that the world will hate us. Couldn't be any clearer. We love God, they don't. We live for Him, they only live for themselves. We obey his commands and choose to be His servant. They don't understand. I understand it but it still hurts.

I'm just going to be transparent here, I enjoy being liked. Don't you? I have been in a few situations where I was really trying to minister to certain individuals that crossed my path. Gave of my time, my finances and all the emotional support I could muster up. I prayed for them tried to point them to Christ. I wish I could tell you that it all turned out wonderful and that they are serving the Lord whole heartedly and happy in their Christian walk but I can't. Matter of fact only one of them are in church at all. I have been called judgemental and I really feel like they need to look that word up becuase their slander, and cruel assessment of me fits the definition of judgemental pretty good. I let their comments really bother me for a period of time but as I prayed about it and searched the scriptures my dear Savior reminded me of a few things.

1. Jesus himself wasn't accepted and he was perfect...no sin was within him. Even his own people wouldn't accept him. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's
messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen
protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me." Matthew 23:37

2. I am not responsible for the outcome. I am only responsible to be obedient to Christ. Colossians 3:24" Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

3. Even though I may have made mistakes it does not mean I am not a child of the King. Romans 8:1" So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus."

4. No matter what you think of me, I choose to continue to pray for you and love you. "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to
them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute
you"

I've been cursed at, had my mailbox bashed in, talked about and ignored but I will not have to answer for any of those things....they will. The only thing I have to answer for are my actions and while I look back and wish I had done some things differently, I can stand before the Lord thankful that I took the opportunity to talk about Him to these people. And here's another fact, God knows my heart. I don't have to try to explain myself...He knows the truth.

I will continue to tell others how good God is. I will continue to make my family the most important thing in my life next to God and I will continue to serve him in whatever capacity He allows. Here's another thing I'll continue to do. Have JOY! Becuase when I look beyond hurtful words I come back to what is real. I am redeemed. God loves me. I am blessed! I have the most wonderful family in the world and God has proved Himself faithful to us!! I have a wonderful church family and a support system that is unbelieveable! And one day I will spend eternity with Jesus Christ. Wow!! How blessed!!!!

It does make me sad that these people are missing out on all that God has for them. I continue to pray that they will commit to Christ and experience peace and joy.

I don't know if any of you struggle with what people think of you or hurts that you've experienced but know you aren't alone...Jesus was rejected and persecuted too and He will protect you and heal you. Just keep serving and don't let them rob you of your joy. I'm CERTAINLY not going to let them rob me of mine! :)

No comments: