Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thinking out loud....

I can't hardly believe that November 2, 2010 is here....where did the year go???? It really does seem that time is passing by faster and faster the older I get. When I was a kid it seemed like Christmas came only once every 5 years, and now it seems it is every other week..lol Time is certainly moving...it does not wait on us to be ready.

Thanksgiving is only about 3 weeks away and I am more excited about it this year than I have ever been. Ben, Hope, Hannah and I are leaving the 20th of November for Cantebury, Jamaica to serve the people there the week of Thanksgiving. I am filled with excitement, joy, anxiety, and a little fear of the unkown. I am feeling a little apprehensive knowing that my soulmate won't be there with me. I depend on Doug and lean on him so much as we tackle each step of life and yet this trip he will stay here and it will be just the kids and I. I know that the Lord will take care of us and He will never leave us not even for a second and so I must trust in Him. Makes me kinda wonder how many areas of life I trust in humans first...before trusting the Lord 100%?...I don't know... maybe I am learning the 1st lesson he has for me before I ever board the plane. :)

I am praying that he will use us in a might way! I am praying for health, safety, boldness, and a sweet bond with the people of Cantebury. They don't have much to speak of as far as material things and what is even sadder is that many of them do not have Jesus. God, help me to show them how much you love them through my service. I am praying for sweet memories for my kids and I. This will be last time I will be able to do anything like this with Hope before she gets married. I am praying for God to spotlight the areas in all our lives that He wants to work on. While we are getting dirty on the outside through service I pray we get clean and washed white as snow on the inside!!

I have a feeling deep in my soul that this Thanksgiving will truly be a time of giving thanks and that we will be consumed with a greatful heart for what a mighty, wonderful, awesome, gracious, merciful and compassionate Savior we have!!

No comments: