Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thinking out loud....

I am 41 years old and with each day that passes I realize that life in this world will always be a roller coaster, but living a life for Christ makes the ride fun! He is the safe zone for every believer. When life takes a huge dip...He is there. When friends disappoint you...He is there. When jobs end and money is gone....He is there. When loved ones are taken away and you feel you just cannot take another step....He is there. When stress is overwhelming and demands seem impossible...He is there. God is a constant in your life and so is the working of the Holy Spirit to make you more like Jesus. The roller coaster of life I cannot change...but I am tired of being on the spiritual rollar coaster of complacency! I don't want to waste another day. I don't want to say "tomorrow" I'm going to get serious about serving Christ. I want to make each day count. If I can help someone today...I want to do it today. If I can witness today.....I want to do just that! Each day is a gift...I want to rip the paper off and be thankful for it and enjoy it!!! I can't help but think of the kings of Israel in the Old Testament that served God so well and did such amazing things and yet turned away from Him at the end of their life. Please God, help me finish well. I want to leave a legacy to my girls and to Ben that I not only loved God in my life...but that I loved and served him ALL of my life. Lord..help me turn loose of the flesh and it's yearning to please people and just focus on pleasing you. You Jehovah are the final authority and let my heart be pleasing to you! I want to have a heart of gratitude and a life empty of complaint. You've been far to good to me to complain. I am so grateful you know my name. With that in mind I'll end this "thinking out loud" with a few lyrics....

I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in His hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

No comments: