Saturday, August 29, 2009

Must you know?????

I am reading this book called "Crazy Love" by Francais Chan and it absolutely wonderful!!! If you can pick a copy of it up then I highly suggest you do. No matter where you are in your spiritual walk it will be of great encouragement, great enlightenment or maybe even great conviction. My pastor's wife recommended it to me....Thanks Karen!!!

There is one chapter early on in the book that had a couple of statements I can't seem to quite "chewing" on so to speak. Here is the first...

"Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?" Wow...think about that! For those of us who have kids I think we have all been guilty of exaggerating at times of our childrens talents or gifts. lol...you know what I mean. Especially those first born...they crawl before any other child they possess a vocabulary at 10 months old that surely no other child has ever possessed, they walk sooner, feed themselves better and look the cutest of any child ever born! As time moves on and our chidren enter sports and activities such as dance, piano, band, etc. we are quick to state our opinion of how wonderful they are. I think that is natural and it just shows our love and pride in them and they joy they bring to our lives but to be honest.....we have probably been a little over the top in our desciption at times but you'll never be held guilty for that when you speak of Jesus. No matter how good you say He is....you are not exaggerating. Even if you spend days speaking of His holiness...you still aren't even skimming the top! If you write volumes about His love and how grand and infinite it is, you still will NOT be exaggerating!!! Just makes me want to shout! I serve a God who cannot be exaggerated!!! In this day and age where things are constantly being "overrated"....we have a Savior who will never disappoint!

Here's the second statement in the book that has really captivated me. "Can you worship a God who isn't obligated to explain His actions to you?" Immediately I think of people who have had great trajedy come into their lives and they never serve God again but are bitter and feel cheated by Him. I have never walked in their shoes and I certainly am not about to judge them but for myself I want to know more about the Savior so if the path He chooses for me is hard and holds a lot of pain I can still trust in His sovreignty and be able to serve Him. I do desire to be able to serve Him and not demand an explanation for His actions. This is the first step to that....realize He is God....and I am not. I do not want arrogance on my part to slip in and make me think God owes me an explanation. Instead I must remember he is fair and just, He is all-powerful and He is all-knowing and He is Holy. I have seen a lot of Christians who experienced great pain in their life such as cancer, loss of a loved one, betrayal by a spouse, heartbroken by a wayward child, emotional trauma because of sexual abuse and many other horrible things but I have also seen those same people be filled with such a love for their Savior during the trial and after the trial that it leads me to believe that they KNOW their Father in an intimate way and because of that knowledge, that experiential knowledge they recognize He is God and He really does know best. They KNOW that Romans 8:28 is truth and it has become a reality in their lives.

Well ladies, that is what I've been pondering on lately. I hope you get the book and I hope you evaluate yourself with those 2 statements. Love your Savior, the one who knows best, the one who is in control and the one you cannot exaggerate!!

A simple girl serving a Great God,

Lora

2 comments:

Danita said...

Amen, sister! What a wonderful Saviour! I am picking my book up this week and cannot wait to get started reading it! I found out that it is very popular here as well! Isn't it good to know that God works all around the world, not just in our own backyards? Yo

Landen and Brodie's Mommy said...

Haven't been on here in a while. :)Thanks for the book suggestion. :) I'll have to run out and get that one. He is all knowing and He always knows what is best for us even when we have doubts!