Thursday, July 3, 2008

We live in a world of adjectives.....

I can't help but chuckle when I think of how many adjectives Hannah uses when she tells a story. Her stories are always colorful and full of excitement and energy! She inherited this trait from me....the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one! We use words like Awesome, super, ultra, ginormous(which really isn't a word...lol), extremely, and lots of others. We just want people to get the feel for what we are talking about!

Last year in 2007 when school ended I picked Hannah and Cara up from the last day of school and asked "Girls, how was your last day?" Cara replied "Good.", and Hannah said "Grrrrrrrrrreat!" I laughed and said "What made yours grrrrrrrrrreat?" She said, "I got a boyfriend!" That boyfriend was Brian and he is still her boyfriend a year later....wowswer....that's another story! lol! She attributed her day of greatness to the fact that she had Brian in her life. Well, let's look at some scripture.

I love Psalm 95:3 "For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods." Did you see how our Lord was described......GREAT!

God is not just average, not just wonderful or above average....He is GREAT! He is great in his power, great in his love, great in his sovereignty, great in his mercy, great in his grace, great in his protection, great in his creation, great in his healing and I could go on and on. He is GREAT! Do you know why you have salvation? Do you know why you have hope and joy? Do you know why you have a friend that sticks closer than a brother? You can attribute all those things to the fact that your God is GREAT!

When Doug's neice Leah felt led to put together a mission trip to Jamaica she thought it almost impossible to raise the $19,000.00 needed to go in the short 6 weeks they had. She didn't know how she would help the outreach center with plumbing issues seeing as how she didn't know a thing about plumbing. But she did know she served a GREAT God and if it is His will, He will provide. They didn't have to spend one dime out of their pockets to go to Jamaica...God provided it all through his people. One of the men who went signed up exicted to go and guess what his profession is? He is a plumber. He didn't know that was exactly what they needed. God is good......and God is GREAT!

I think we need to remember this on a daily basis. When things are difficult in our life whether it may be financial , physical , relationship, or spiritual struggles, God CAN handle them and in a BIG way because he is GREAT! I think far to often I limit God because I know my limitations and how sad that is. I sincerely want to start thinking outside of my box and allow Him to work in HIS capacity not mine. I truly think he wants to do big things in ALL of our lives....but we have to let him.

Praise the LORD......he is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!

No comments: