Monday, April 7, 2008

Romans 8:38-39

"For I am persuaded , that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Wow! What a promise! What comfort I draw from those verses. God's love for me can never be severed! I chose these verses as our memory verse for last week (for the girls, Ben and Brian and I) because I really started looking at them in a new light and just had such a desire to commit them to memory. I know that all scripture is written for our benefit. The word tells us that. So I started looking at all the things God had inspired the Apostle Paul to pen down in these 2 verses. God in his power to know all things knew that we would be sold the false bill of goods that these very things COULD separate us from His love so he had Paul pen them down to remind us that NOTHING can separate us from his love.

We don't have to fear death, because not only are we promised a home in heaven and eternity with our Savior, he will go with us through the process. His love will never, not even for a second leave us during death.

We don't have to fear satan (principalities and powers) because God's love will still be present for us and there is not power great enough to separate us from it! No, in life we don't have to fear that our failures will be so great that God's love will be severed......He reminds us, no dear child....I'm still here....I still love you!

There's no physical place to high or to low that he won't go with us. Hallelujah! He then just states, "nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." That's it! NOTHING....EVER...will separate us from the love of God. WE are IN CHRIST JESUS!! The scripture tells us no man can pluck us out of His hand.

Verse 37 of this same chapter says "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." How can we be conquerors in this life? Because we can bank on the fact that God will never stop loving us!

Love is a powerful thing. We love our spouses, our children, our family and friends. We are emotionally driven beings. I work along side Doug in the good times and bad because I love him, and because I KNOW he loves me. How much more it drives me to work for the Lord knowing He loves me and ALWAYS will. The scripture also says "We love him because he first loved us"....Thank you Jesus....I am humbled at that fact.

Praise Him
Praise Him
Jesus our blessed redeemer!

Don't ever let satan tell you God doesn't love you. If you are His, you have a promise you can stand on...His love will never be severed!

No comments: